Thursday, June 30, 2011

Craziness

It's been a crazy week.

On Saturday we got 2 kittens. The kittens are to kill the mice so that the snakes will leave. Reminds me of that song about the old lady who swallowed the fly. For now they are so small that they have to stay inside all the time, lest they become owl food.

We had some new friends over on Tuesday to play, and Josiah was swinging in the back yard with his friend when he decided (mid-air) to let go of his swing with both hands. I have no idea why - he has never done that before. Thankfully I was not pushing him as high as I normally do. He did a gravity-defying back flip in the air and landed on the top of his head. It looked really painful and really scared both of us. I called the nurse helpline and they said just to monitor him - his movements and behavior - for the next couple of days. So the past 2 nights we've had to wake him up around 2 am and make him talk and walk around to check on him. Maybe it is training for getting up with the baby soon. I think he is OK from the fall, but now he is running a fever so I'm planning on taking him to the doctor tomorrow to see what's going on.

I skipped my ultrasound this week. I was not able to get my doctor's appointment and the ultrasound scheduled for the same day, and it was too much stress for me to figure out babysitters for Josiah for two separate days and make two separate treks into Springfield. Plus I really don't see the point anymore. The baby is full term, over 6 lbs, and if I can feel him moving (which I do all the time) then why do I need to have his heart rate verified via ultrasound? Anyway, I don't think my doctor is super happy with me but I am not all that concerned with her feelings at this point. Had my appointment today and I am dilated 2 cm now, still 70% effaced, and the baby is now at a station -2 (he moved a little lower). Also found out that I tested positive for Group B Strep bacteria, which exists in about 25% of all healthy adult women. I guess most women that have it have no symptoms or health effects from it, but it can be passed to the baby and could make the baby very sick. So all this means for me is that I will have to have IV antibiotics during labor. Hopefully won't be a big deal.

I am praying that we can all get some rest this weekend and that we can all stay healthy!!

No comments: