Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Odds and ends and a hospital visit

Josiah loves peeing outside. One day after church he dropped his pants and peed right there on the front lawn of the church as people were leaving. Then we had a talk about appropriate places to pee outside.

Here are our kittens. They really are cute. They're getting spoiled though. The one on the left is Daisy - named by Josiah for a kitty in a book he has. The yellow one is Truman - named by Jason after I commented that he looked like a tiger.
We got some fireworks to shoot off with Josiah for the 4th. He loved them (and wants to know why we can't do them every day). Here he is doing sparklers with his daddy. After this we roasted marshmallows. It was a fun fire-filled evening.

Today was eventful. I woke up at 4 am with chills. I couldn't stop shaking. I was also having stomach cramps so I laid there and tried to decide if they were contractions or intestinal cramps. We called the nurse help line around 6 and they said to just drink lots of fluids. Then I went to the bathroom and noticed a little bit of bleeding. So we called the hospital around 7:30 and asked if I should come in or wait and go to my 11 am doctor's appointment. They said I should definitely be seen today, and I was running a fever and didn't feel like waiting until 11. So we loaded up the truck and headed to the hospital. On the way I came to the realization that I was in fact having contractions, which seemed to be about 4 minutes apart. When we got there, they said I am still only dilated to between 1 and 2 cm. So they decided I was not in labor despite the contractions. They said I must just have a virus and the contractions were because I was dehydrated. So they hooked me up to an IV and gave me anti-nausea medication. Then they did an ultrasound to check amniotic fluid levels. Everything looks fine with the baby, so they sent us home. I was still having contractions every 6 minutes when we left, but as I drank more they continued to slow down. It is annoying to have contractions and not have any progress. I am still achy and tired, but hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.

One week until the doctor's due date of 7/12! Praying that the baby comes on his own without me having to be induced!

No comments: