Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Too much information

Today marks week 37. Full term!!! Here's me and the baby. Went to the doctor today and he is measuring at 5 lbs 14 oz. I thought he would be a little bigger, especially since I made cinnamon rolls on Friday and have been eating 4 per day ever since. But, he is in the 22nd percentile, and everything looks good (fluid levels, cord blood flow, heart rate). His belly is in the 20th percentile while his head is in the 50th, so there is still some asymmetry going on, but not really any reason to be concerned at this point.
If you don't want to know the TMI part, then stop reading now. For less squeamish readers, I lost my mucous plug on Sunday morning. I was surprised and have been carrying a towel around with me ever since just in case my water breaks! Josiah was born 6 hours after this happened, but I read that you could lose it 2 weeks before your baby comes. Plus the doctor told me today that it could regenerate and I can lose it again. Weird. Anyway, things are the same as last week - 1 cm dilated, 70% effaced, and the baby is at a -3 station (meaning he has not dropped very far yet). Jason still thinks he will come before July 1st. Feel free to place your due date bets on the new poll!

No comments: