Saturday, June 11, 2011

1 month to go!

Here's me and the baby on Monday, 6/6. Tomorrow will put us at week 36 - only 4 weeks to go! Today I'm washing the baby's clothes, and I finally started packing a suitcase to take to the hospital. I am already WAY more prepared for this little guy than I was for Josiah!

Last Saturday I toured the maternity ward of the hospital where he will be born, just so I will know where to go and what to expect when I get there. The nurses were very nice - they showed me the labor/delivery room, the nursery, the recovery room, etc. and then they said, "see you soon!" when I left. I almost had a panic attack. I had been so preoccupied with moving, unpacking, etc. that I had not given much thought to labor and delivery. I clearly need to do some mental prep!
Seven years ago (tomorrow) Jason and I got married! We are going to dinner tonight to celebrate. Jason's mom is coming over to hang out with Josiah (thanks Debby!!). And then, like most of our special date nights, we will probably end up at Home Depot. We are quite the romantics.

Josiah updates:
  • He is into Star Wars right now. He routinely calls me Princess Leia, which I really don't mind at all.
  • He named our tractor Mary Anne, per a book we checked out at the library (Mike Mulligan and the steam shovel).
  • He has watched Toy Story 1 and 3 multiple times, but when he is pretending to be Buzz Lightyear, he still says, "To infinity and beyond here". Not sure where the 'here' came from. At least it's better than earlier this year when he would say, "Whointattily and beyond here".
  • He has a very active (sometimes overactive) imagination. He frequently tells us about how he has several jobs. One is at the zoo (selling animals of course), one is at Bass Pro Shops selling boats, and there are others I can't think of right now. The other day when we were driving, he would talk about everything he saw, and tell me that he and his friend Andrew built it. From buildings to flags to trees to even birds. He told me that they used a crane to lift bricks, and that all of this took place while I was a baby. He is very serious when he tells these stories, and would be rather convincing if he wasn't 3.
  • He can sing the whole Phineas and Ferb theme song. I will have to get a video of this, because it is hilarious.
  • He told me this week that he wants to be a police officer when he grows up.
  • He will start preschool 2 half days/week in the fall. He is getting SO big!

Keep checking our blog in the coming month - this will be one of the main places we post baby updates and pictures when he arrives!

No comments: