Thursday, June 30, 2011
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Saturday, June 11, 2011
- He is into Star Wars right now. He routinely calls me Princess Leia, which I really don't mind at all.
- He named our tractor Mary Anne, per a book we checked out at the library (Mike Mulligan and the steam shovel).
- He has watched Toy Story 1 and 3 multiple times, but when he is pretending to be Buzz Lightyear, he still says, "To infinity and beyond here". Not sure where the 'here' came from. At least it's better than earlier this year when he would say, "Whointattily and beyond here".
- He has a very active (sometimes overactive) imagination. He frequently tells us about how he has several jobs. One is at the zoo (selling animals of course), one is at Bass Pro Shops selling boats, and there are others I can't think of right now. The other day when we were driving, he would talk about everything he saw, and tell me that he and his friend Andrew built it. From buildings to flags to trees to even birds. He told me that they used a crane to lift bricks, and that all of this took place while I was a baby. He is very serious when he tells these stories, and would be rather convincing if he wasn't 3.
- He can sing the whole Phineas and Ferb theme song. I will have to get a video of this, because it is hilarious.
- He told me this week that he wants to be a police officer when he grows up.
- He will start preschool 2 half days/week in the fall. He is getting SO big!
Friday, June 3, 2011
*The National Weather Service says the tornado that swept through the southwest Missouri town of Joplin was a highest-rated EF5 storm, with winds greater than 200 mph. The twister was the deadliest single tornado to touchdown since the National Weather Service began keeping official records in 1950. It's the 8th-deadliest single twister in U.S. history.