Thursday, January 31, 2008

Long time, no post

Hi everyone! Sorry for the long stretches between posts!

I would like to issue a correction to the last post - I spelled Connor's name with -er instead of -or. Sorry Heidi & Ben (& Connor)!

Last Tuesday (1/22), I took Josiah to a breastfeeding support group that Jen & Andrew introduced us to. It is super informative & offers a great support system, because breastfeeding is not as easy as you would think! Anyway - while we were there I weighed the little guy, and he was 8 lbs 3 oz!! That is huge! I didn't make it to the group this Tuesday (1/29) because I didn't want to get out in the snow & freezing cold weather, but I'm guessing he's up to about 8 lbs 10 oz by now, and that he will hit the 9 lb mark next week.

The weekend of the 19th, my aunt Naomi & her husband Kevin came to visit. We went out to a restaurant (Josiah's 1st time at a restaurant!) and watched the MU/KU basketball game with them, which was fun. Jason made sure that Josiah wore his MU bib. Even though no one got to see it (because he was sleeping in his car seat for the duration of the game), Jason said that it still counts as cheering for MU.

Last weekend we went to visit family in Missouri for a day. We got to see our nephews Chandler (13) & Bryan (11) play basketball (Josiah's first live game!). This was also my first time feeding Josiah in a somewhat public place, and our nephew Trent (2) was very curious & confused about what was going on, and tried to take a look under the blanket to find out! Fortunately his mom was able to deter him (thanks April!). Then we went to April's house where Josiah got to enjoy hanging out with his 2 great-grandmas & aunt Dana, and being held and loved on by his grandma and grandpa (and his aunt April of course). Unfortunately, Josiah had decided to stay awake for most of the previous night, so I spent a couple of hours sleeping while he was hanging out with the family, and he loved every minute of it. We forgot to bring our camera (which didn't matter because the batteries were dead anyway) so we'll post pictures from the weekend once we get them from Jason's parents!

Jason and I are enjoying being parents. Josiah is so cuddly right now. He hasn't started smiling voluntarily yet, but that could just mean that he doesn't think we're very funny. He is now 2 months old, which means that we have to take him in next week for his shots. I am going to make sure Jason is there because I don't think I can be in the room while they are sticking needles in him! I don't do well with needles being poked into me, much less my baby! We'll update you next week on how that goes and if I survive without crying.

As promised, here is a link to the pictures we got taken at JC Penney. Just enter my first name, a space, and my last name to view them. He is 5 weeks old in these, and there are pics of his cousins Kason & Ava interspersed. Enjoy (email me or Jason if you're not sure how to spell our last name!)! https://www.smilesbywire.com/home.asp?AC=LTPP0417102572JCPSHR

No comments: