Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Super Tuesday

Yesterday was a big day (and not just because of the caucuses/primaries)! First I went to the breastfeeding group, and weighed Josiah - he is now 9 lbs 3 oz!!!

Then I got a phone call from my director at work and found out that my request for voluntary severance got approved! It is crazy to think about purposefully trying to lose my job, but that's exactly what I did. It is actually a great opportunity & great timing, because I want a part time finance position and it didn't work out to do part time in the group I was in. Since I've been with the company for over 8 years I get 6 months of severance pay, so when I heard they were offering voluntary severance it seemed too good to pass up. We would appreciate your prayers as I try to find a part time position, and as I adjust to the thought of not having a paying job (because I still have a very challenging full time job - it just doesn't pay very well).

I'll post some more pictures later this week - I just wanted to post to share our exciting news!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news! I will keep you in my prayers as you search for a part-time position.

Hug and kiss that "big" boy for me.

Naomi

Jen said...

Jason, Happy Day after your big "30" birthday!!!

Happy Birthday!

The Hardins