Thursday, October 25, 2007

MUST EAT MORE SUGAR

We had a fun time this past weekend in New Orleans visiting my family. My great-grandma turned 90 on Monday so we were there for her surprise party. She had no idea that we were all coming to visit. And yes, that is right that she is 3 generations removed from me, and is only 60 years older than I am. She is still as fiesty as ever. We got to spend a little time in the French Quarter and have cafe au lait (decaf of course) and beignets. They were really yummy. It was great to see family, but let's be honest - it's really all about the food (that's the baby talking). :)
This week officially starts the 3rd trimester (week 28). Less than 3 months to go! I went to the doctor this week and took the gestational diabetes test. That means that I had to drink this crazy sugary/syrupy drink to overload my body with sugar and see how it would react. Well the baby thought that was great. He was kicking and rolling and doing acrobats that whole day AND the next day. I heard back today that I my glucose test came back normal, so I guess that means I can eat more sugar now!! The baby is excited.
Also this week, some friends at work threw me a baby shower! It was really fun to see everyone and eat Costco cake (more sugar!). And Jason & I are super grateful for all the great baby stuff we got!
If you liked the videos from the past 2 postings, be sure to check out the bloopers reel:
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: