Thursday, February 3, 2011

Unwelcome excitement

Yesterday we spent 4 hours in the ER. I had some spotting which made me nervous for the baby. So I did some research online and then called my doctor in KC to see if I should go to the ER. They said yes. So I had to call Jason at work to come pick us up - there is no way we could have gotten the car out of the snow drifts.

Long story short they said the baby is fine. They did all sorts of tests and the doctor said that I have a slight bacterial infection which they are treating with antibiotics. The ultrasound looked great and the baby is actually measuring more like 16-17 weeks (we thought we were in week 15), so they gave me a new due date of July 12th. The whole ordeal was scary, but it was reassuring to see the baby on ultrasound. The little one was moving a lot and I could see the heart beating. I felt much better after that.
Josiah was such a trooper through the 4 hour wait! Especially considering that he had to skip his nap to hang out in a waiting room. While we were waiting for test results to come back so we could see the doctor, Jason and Josiah were playing doctor. It was hilarious. Josiah wanted Jason to check out the baby in his tummy. And logically, he used the TV remote to do so.
"I don't believe that man's ever been to medical school." -Buzz Lightyear

No comments: