Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A few minor life changes

Going back to the foreshadowing in my Dec post, if you couldn't guess or haven't already heard by now, Jason got the job with Bass Pro Shops (BPS). Within about a month, we went from not having moving or job change on our radar at all, to changing jobs and moving almost 165 miles away.

Here's a timeline of events:

Dec 20 - Jason has a phone interview with BPS
Dec 22 - Jason has an in-person interview with BPS in Springfield, MO
Jan 04 - BPS offers Jason the job
Jan 05 - Jason tells YRC he is leaving
Jan 16 - Drive a u-haul full of stuff down to Springfield to put in storage (to de-clutter the house)
Jan 19 - Jason's last day at YRC
Jan 23 - Jason moves to Springfield
Jan 24 - Jason's first day at BPS
Jan 25 - Get the house listed
Jan 26 - Danita & Josiah join Jason in Springfield

In the time between Dec 22nd and Jan 4th, Jason was sure he had been passed over for the job. I told him that it was the holidays and he should just follow up with HR to see where they were in the process of filling the job. I got a text from him later that day that said something like "you should never kick a sleeping dog". Well I didn't know the dog was going to get up a maul me!

On Jan 6th I had our realtor at the house. I had a list of projects that we had been meaning to do and asked him which ones we needed to do to sell the house. After getting his advice, Jason and I spent the next 3 weeks scrambling to get the house ready to sell. My parents were such a huge help in the process - we could not have done it without their help. They helped with a ton of the painting, cleaning, lots of other random work, and they took Josiah home with them for several days so we could have uninterrupted work time. We also owe a huge debt of gratitude to our friends who helped us along the way - by watching Josiah as we worked (Charlotte, Jen, Michelle, & Adrianne), by painting for us (Adrianne & Greg - you are awesome!), by helping us put the kitchen floor in (thanks Joe!), disconnecting our water softener system so we could take it with us, and doing some heavy lifting (thanks Matt!!), helping unload the Uhaul (thanks Ryan!) - plus all the people who offered to help, and for the fun send-off lunch and the going-away dinner party - we have some super amazing and giving friends and we are so thankful for each of you!!! Hope I didn't leave anyone out - as you can see it has been a whirlwind! Here's the house listing in case you know anyone who might be interested!

So if all of this weren't enough, God in his infinite wisdom and humor, has blessed us with another pregnancy. This is something we had been hoping for and praying about for almost 1.5 years. We found out we were pregnant on Nov 17th. I was super happy but feeling pretty sickly for the first month and a half. So through the crazy 3 a.m. black Friday shopping (I really thought I was going to puke but couldn't tell anyone), the planning and celebrating of Josiah's birthday, Christmas shopping and wrapping, Christmas celebrations (when we had the joy of telling our families)...I was really just wanting to lay down and sleep! But when you wait that long to get pregnant, really you are even happy about the morning sickness. It reminds you that your prayers have been answered. And you have to keep telling yourself, "no really, this is what I asked for!". We got to hear the baby's heartbeat at our Dec 20th (9 week) prenatal appointment, and then again at our 13 week appointment in Jan. What a wonderful sound. Josiah was with me both times. The first time he heard the heartbeat, he put a ball up his shirt, pulled it out and said "this is my baby Watson". Who knows? Maybe that name will stick!

So now we are 15 weeks into the pregnancy, and I want to apologize in advance to the 3 inch baby in my abdomen. Sorry for all the painting, the sanding, the late nights, the poor diet, the forgetting to take the prenatal vitamins, the stress. I pray that you are well and that the mask I wore while painting and the respirator I wore while sanding kept you from most of the chemicals and airborne junk. I know that God knew before He created you what I would be doing while you were developing, so I have to trust that He is keeping you safe. Now stay in there and grow for as long as you can, or at least longer than your brother did.

I also owe an apology to all three of my bookkeeping clients. I really did not plan to move at year-end close. Thank you all for your patience as I have been dealing with "just a few minor life changes", and haven't always been available when you needed me. Again, God must know what He is doing with His timing, right?

Now we are in Springfield, surrounded by 6+ inches of snow and ice, and trying to acclimate. We are temporarily living in an apartment provided by Bass Pro. That is a huge blessing - not as much pressure or stress to get the house sold right away. And it is nice - it is a fully furnished 2 bedroom apartment with our own washer & dryer. Josiah is doing pretty well with the new apartment. The first night he did not want to sleep in his new room, but it didn't take him long to get comfortable with his surroundings. He really does not understand the concept of an apartment though. He keeps asking me where our basement is. And the other day he told me that he wants to move to "a new Springfield that has a basement". Luckily there are over 30 cities/towns in the U.S. named Springfield, so maybe one of them will have a basement.

We want to ask you guys for your prayers. That our house would sell at the right time for a fair price, that everyone would stay safe in this crazy blizzard weather, that Josiah and I can figure out how to get around in Springfield and find fun stuff for a 3 year old to do, that Jason will continue to acclimate to his new job, that I can find a good OB, and that our new baby (due July 22nd by the way) will continue to grow and be healthy. Only 3 more weeks until we find out if it's a boy or girl!

Exciting and crazy times for us. Thank you all for your continuing support and love!

1 comment:

Jen said...

We are so excited for you all! Thank you for updating The blog!! Got is in control!