Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's a boy!!

Meet baby Regehr #2! Despite what I thought were accurate calculations, they tell me based upon the 2 ultrasounds I have had now, that we are 20 weeks into our pregnancy (we thought it was week 18). They confirmed the due date of July 12 (original due date was July 22). Half way there! It is hard to believe. The little guy keeps kicking me to remind me that it's true. They tell us he weighs about 12 oz. right now, and that must be all leg muscle. :)
That makes 2 strapping boys to work on Jason's future farm! Since he found out about the baby, Josiah has been telling us it's a boy, or that he really wants a boy. The first thing he said when the ultrasound tech said "it's a boy" was "I wanted it to be a girl!". Little stinker. He also has been saying he wants the baby's name to be either Watson or Jackrabbit. But in the ultrasound room, he thought Alien would be a better name. I guess the pics do look extra-terrestrial, but I think most of that influence came from the Toy Story movies.
When I was in the ER about 3 weeks ago, they said that my placenta was low. So that is something they checked again yesterday at the ultrasound. I won't get the official results until tomorrow, but if the placenta is too low, they will plan on doing a c-section to deliver this baby. Placenta previa I believe is the medical term, although no one has told us that yet. I asked the tech if the placenta could still move...she said it is possible but unlikely. I have mixed feelings about c-section. Mostly I'd rather not do surgery and just naturally have the baby when he is ready. But, there is something very alluring about scheduling your delivery, with no contractions or pushing involved. I'm sure God will work things out either way. I'll keep you posted on the outcome!

Baby R2 says hi!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I know Josiah will love having a brother especially once he is old enough to play with him.

I hope you come up with more names! :)

Naomi