Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Levi turns one (and other July fun)

I am a delinquent blogger, but I will make up for it with pictures!

6/18: Levi and his daddy.  Too cute!
 6/23: just hanging out and being cute.
 7/1: fun trip to St. Louis to visit friends!

 7/6: Levi's birthday!
 7/7: Levi's birthday party!  Since we now live close to family, we just decided to invite everyone!  We had a full house, but it was really fun and Levi did surprisingly well - he smiled at everyone and didn't get scared!

 Just like we did for Josiah, we gave him a choice of chocolate and vanilla cake (since I don't like chocolate and Jason is a chocoholic).  The verdict?  He didn't like either one.  :)
 Enjoying one of his new toys!

 7/15: two baby deer that periodically come get water from our pond.  It is fun to watch them (Josiah is especially enamored!).
 7/17: playing outside...enduring the heat!

 7/23: Lego explosion!
 7/29: Levi's cute smile.  He loves this duck!
Also in June:
*Jason and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary by going out for dinner at Doe's - they specialize in huge, super yummy steaks - while Mi Mi and cousin Alex watched the boys (THANK YOU!!).  We also made a stop at Home Depot which has become our annual (very romantic) marriage tradition.
*Josiah got to ride in a combine at Uncle James' farm!
*Josiah took a weekend trip to Dallas with his Mi Mi (Jason's mom).  He had a blast!
*I did my first race (5k) since Levi was born.  It was not my fastest race, but it was fun and it was great to get back into running!

Also in July:
*We had a week of VBS (Josiah's first) while Levi stayed home with his daddy (I love my brave husband!).  I helped with the three year olds which was fun and entertaining.  The first night, Josiah talked his way up on the stage by telling them "I know everything about airplanes" (aviation theme).  He took someone else's spot as co-pilot.  He loved every minute and still asks me when the next VBS will be.
*I weaned Levi - hooray for freedom!!! 
*We took the boys to Incredible Pizza for games (Josiah loved the lazer tag!).

Coming soon: first half of August updates (and me being caught up with the blog!)

No comments: