Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August Travels

I left on 7/31 to drive the boys to my parent's house for the week, then my mom drove me to the airport on 8/1 to fly to Seattle to see one of my best friends in the world and meet her new baby boy!  I was there for 8 days, and added one day on each end to spend at my parent's house.  That was the longest I had been away from the boys or Jason!  It was a great trip, but I missed them like crazy! 

Here is baby Roen, only 1 month old.
This is Genevieve's mom, Jason's cousin Amanda (who also happens to be Gen's brother's girlfriend!), Genevieve and me at a local play at a small theater.
I had an amazing week.  I ran whenever I wanted to, watched movies, enjoyed the amazing Seattle weather, and helped out where I could with the baby and cooking.  Genevieve and I also got to do some kid-free shopping!  I was so relaxed when I came home!  When Levi (a.k.a. momma's boy) first saw me at the airport, he only wanted my mom!  But he warmed up to me the next day and then did not want to let me out of his sight, even for a second!  Josiah did great and had a blast playing with his cousins, swimming, and getting some Ooo Ooo and Paw Paw time.  A HUGE thanks to my mom and dad for doing such an amazing job taking care of the kids!!

After flying back into St. Louis, we stopped at Nate & Jen's for dinner - thanks for having us guys, it was great to see you!

 Daddy playing with his boys after missing them for a week!!

And that brings us to today!  I took the boys to the Springfield airport for a cool event featuring some WWII era airplanes.  This one is the only B-29 still in flight.  It was fun but would have been even better if we could have stayed to tour the cockpit.  Alas, we had to get home for nap time.  But we did get to meet a WWII veteran who flew B-29s in the war!  Amazing. 


We are loving this cooler weather!!  It has been so great to get outside!  Speaking of, time to go out and gather some eggs!

No comments: