Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Story time

Josiah is hilarious. Just wanted to fill you in on a couple of things that have happened over the past month.

Snow Days
When we first had our big snow (just before the insanely cold temperatures came and before he got sick) I took Josiah sledding. We got all bundled up and went to Antioch Park. We found a good hill and I got him out of the truck along with the 2-man sled. Unfortunately he had no interest in walking in the snow. So I ended up carrying him and the sled to the top of the hill. The first time we went down, when we got to the bottom I asked him if that was fun and he said "yeah". Do you want to do that again? "No". So being the good mother that I am, I told him "too bad - we are already out here so we are going to sled and you are GOING to have fun". After carrying my 30 lb little guy up the hill a couple of times, my arm was getting tired. So while I was walking up the hill he would gradually start sliding down my hip. He did not like the feeling that he might fall, so he would start grunting as if he was trying his hardest and using all his muscles to stay up. It was hilarious. I had to stop in the middle of the hill several times because I was laughing too hard to continue. Sorry that was SUCH hard work for you Josiah! By the end of our time in the snow, he was having fun and had discovered that he could make snowballs and throw them at me. I guess I deserved it. And now he loves to walk in the snow - in fact today he was tromping through the yard in the drastically decreased amount of remaining snow. We even built a miniature snow man today. Well, mostly I built it - he just enjoyed knocking it's head off and laughing. Sorry there are no accompanying pictures, but I just wanted to share that story (which I'm sure would be much funnier if you had been there...).

In other news, Josiah continues to amaze me with his talking skills. A couple weeks ago he said the words "mistletoe" (I got him a clearanced Christmas book with mistletoe in it) and "green anaconda" (which sounds more like 'geen conda'). He got the latter one from watching this song/cartoon. He also loves this song about elephants. And this song about rhinos. He is only 2 and already addicted to YouTube.

To make up for the lack of pictures in this post, I am adding a cute video. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Fun stories. The video is not working... :(

Jbucks007 said...

d'oh! it was working yesterday...i will look into it.