Wednesday, November 14, 2007

No more painting!

First off, thank you to everyone who responded with a positive delivery story! Those were really nice to hear.

Last week, the plan was for my parents to come on Thursday morning and help us with painting the baby's room, replacing the windows in the baby's room, and other various house projects. However, I got a call from my mom on Wednesday saying that both she & my dad had strep throat. So I was thinking 'bummer, they won't be able to come help us'. But then my mom told me that her doctor said they could come and that they wouldn't be contagious after 24 hours of taking the antibiotics. So even though they felt like crap, they came on Thurs night and stayed until Saturday night and worked non-stop almost the whole time (with the help of some strategically placed BBQ and Krispy Kremes). They were an amazing help!!! Here are some before and after pictures of the baby's room. Keep in mind that it is not done yet, but it's getting pretty close!

Before. This is not the best picture. Not sure why the camera is mostly pointed at the floor, but at least you can see the original wall color.

After. We love the way the color turned out, and we think the new windows are amazing. This picture was taken after painting and installing the new windows, priming and putting 2 coats of paint on the walls, painting and installing quarter-round on the floors and the windows, painting the baseboards, and filling nail holes & painting over them (we were exhausted by Sunday!).


Here's an 'after' picture with the blinds hung and some of the furniture back in place. We were sad to cover up our beautiful new windows, but we thought the baby might want some privacy.

We still have some small stuff left to do, but hopefully we'll get it done this weekend.

Here's me at 31 weeks! 9 weeks to go. Sometimes that sounds like forever, and other times it sounds super short. I feel very fortunate that I still feel good. I am still able to put socks on by myself, although it is getting harder!

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Jen said...

The room looks great! I can't wait to see it in person!!

Take care,
Jen