Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Potty expert

Last Monday we started potty training. I was not sure how it would go since we tried 6 months ago and it was a complete disaster. This time I went in with no expectations, covered everything with blankets, and let him run around naked for almost 2 days.
He is doing AWESOME!!!! The first couple of days he had to mop a couple of times, and we've washed several blankets, but he really has had very few accidents, and is even staying dry most days through nap time! I am completely amazed at his quick progress. He pooped in the potty on day 2 of potty training. Does anyone else think we have the most amazing child ever?!

I would just like to note that he is doing most of this himself. I cannot take any credit for his progress. He is pulling down his own pants, and deciding when to go to the potty (I am not reminding him for the most part). He loves wearing his big boy underwear and even gets a little upset at night when he has to wear a diaper to bed.
As you can see, each day we have been adding more clothes. I just keep taking pictures because he looks so cute running around in his underwear.

This past weekend we went to visit Jason's parents for their 4oth anniversary. Congrats!! It was fun to celebrate with them.
At the 40th anniversary party, he was very sleep deprived, and his craziness was taken out on the food. He put a finger into the back corner of the cake you see above, and later grabbed 2 hot dog buns from the food table and was running around eating them. Between that and him walking into the living room a couple of times with his pants half off, he was a great entertainer!

I was a little nervous about how the potty training would go during the weekend, but again Josiah amazed me. Mi Mi took us to see Toy Story 3 at the theater - Josiah's first movie at the theater! He did great and had a lot of fun (and did not get the theater seat wet).

I am so proud of my big boy!!

No comments: