Friday, April 3, 2009

Not 'goodbye', but 'see you later'

This is my Maw Maw. She is my great-grandmother - my dad's grandma. She passed away on Saturday at the age of 91. She was an amazing and beautiful person and I will miss her. She lived in Belle Chasse, Louisiana so after we moved when I was 2, I only got to see her once or twice a year. These pictures are from the last time we got to see her in May 2008. She was full of life - she loved to dance and play cards and she was always happy and made everyone laugh.

I am so thankful that she got to meet Josiah!
Here they are taking a nap together...
Here she is telling me stories and making me laugh!
She always used to ask me "are you happy?" and say "just make sure you're happy". Now I know she is truly happy and always will be.

No comments: