Monday, February 16, 2009

College bound

Josiah is now headed off to college! OK, so it hasn't been THAT long since I've blogged. It could be worse.

I would like to say that it is dangerous being a mom. Josiah tried to take out one of my toes last week. He dropped a heavy metal thing on it while I was holding him (so from about 5 feet in the air). Then another day last week he stuck his finger up my nose and made it bleed. He also slams his head into mine on a regular basis. I really can't get mad at him because (1) he's so cute, and (2) he doesn't do these things on purpose (yet).

Josiah currently has an ear infection. I don't know what it is about that bright pink amoxicillin, but he loves it. I think he gets sick on purpose so he can have more of that stuff. I, however, have issues with amoxicillin. I think there are magnets in our floor that only attract penicillin products. This is the 2nd bottle I have dumped on the floor. Luckily I didn't dump out the whole thing this time, just part of it. During a separate incident with the same bottle and a tricky syringe, I somehow got amoxicillin on our ceiling (Jason saw it - I didn't even notice) and cabinets. Jason did not appreciate the pink polka-dot kitchen redecorating I did. I will be glad when Josiah feels better and we can throw this stuff away!

As promised, here are some pictures from Josiah's 1st haircut. Many thanks to Jason's sister Ericka - she did a great job cutting Josiah's hair and missing his ears, which was not an easy task. His hair looked great...but it's been almost 2 months since this haircut, so...when are you coming to visit, Ericka? :)

Jason's birthday was last Tuesday so tell him happy birthday - he loves it when a lot of attention is drawn to him.

Josiah got to see one of his long-distance girlfriends for Valentine's day! Genevieve brought Olivienne to see Josiah (well, I guess they came for other reasons too).

We got to watch our friend's son Benjamin twice last week. He had fun playing, but Josiah got a big streak of jealousy!
Josiah isn't quite running yet, but he is starting to walk fast - and he keeps his hands up by his head while he does it (I guess in case he starts to fall). He looks like a dinosaur, especially in his green PJs.

No comments: